The Tanzania ENT Society (TENTS) holds a members’ conference annually. Since the members who form the TENTS are from different geographical locations, at each TENTS conference the venue for the next conference is decided.
The annual conference brings together the members and stakeholders from all over Tanzania. A theme is set for the conference and scientific papers and presentations are presented by various professionals. Members discuss the activities that need a highlight or further discussions and share their experiences at this platform.
New initiatives are also discussed and planned at these meetings. Some of the other agendas include ethics in the profession, standards of practise, training, education and engagement of other professionals related to the field.
TENTS ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2015
The TENTS Conference is an annual event that brings together all members of the TENTS. This year, TENTS Annual Conference will be held at KCMC Hospital in Moshi.
The planned date for the conference is from 11th – 13th Nov 2015. With the Mount Kilimanjaro (Africa’s Highest Peak) in the backdrop of the venue, there could not be a better place to hold this event!
Lost of exciting activities have been planned for this year including Interactive Presentations, Live Surgeries, Lectures and much more.
This year’s annual conference will have a blend of local and international participants resulting into a one of a kind experience that is not to be missed!
Guests from International Faculties include:
- Prof. Gayle E. Woodson, MD – Professor or Otolaryngology, Southern Illinois University; School of Medicine, Springfield, USA.
- Dr. Kevin T. Robbins, MD – Executive Director and Professor, Emeritus Simmons Cancer Institute, Southern Illinois University; School of Medicine, Springfield, USA.
- Prof. Mark Zafereo, MD – Head and Neck Surgeon, Anderson Cancer Center, Huoston, Texas, USA.
- Dr. Niels Van Heerbeek, MD – Neurotologist, Radbound University Medical Center, Nijmegen, Netherlands.
- Mr. Mohamed El Disouky – Africa Development and Regional Manager, MEDEL (Cochlear Implants), Egypt.
- Dr. Manish Goyal, MS (ENT) – Endoscopic Sinus Surgery and Sleep Apnea Specialist Surgeon, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India.
Some of the Experts from Local Faculties include:
- Prof. Ndeserua Moshi, MD – Professor of Otolaryngology, Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences, Dar es Salaam.
- Dr. Edwin Liyombo, MD – Endoscopic Nasal and Paranasal Sinus Surgeon, Muhimbili National Hospital, Dar es Salaam.
- Dr. Enica Richard, MD – Endoscopic Nasal and Paranasal Sinus Surgeon, Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences, Dar es Salaam.
- Dr. Kassim Naufal, MD – Otolaryngologist, Mnazi Mmoja Hospital, Zanzibar.
- Dr. Victor Mashamba, MD – Head and Neck Surgeon, Muhimbili National Hospital, Dar es Salaam.
- Mr. Fayaz Jaffer – Hearing Instrument Specialist & Cochlear Implant Consultant, HearWell Audiology Clinic, Dar es Salaam.
Please click the poster below for registration and event details.
You can download the Conference Details and Provisional Agenda by clicking the link below.